Are you new at Instagram and doing it yourself?
If you’re a new business and just starting out Instagram will most likely be on the list of social media platforms that you should take advantage of. Posting photos can take a lot of time and can be disappointing when your met by nothing more than few likes from a handful of followers, it’s easy to get discouraged. Unless your a rocker, movie star, sports figure or selling a hot product it could take time to see an increase in followers and likes. Instagram is not just about posting pictures. If managed correctly it can:
- Increase product sales
- Drive traffic to your website
- Increase brand awareness
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Attract top talent
- Identify and establish relationships with influencers
Here are a few tips that might help the process along when your first starting out with Instagram!
- Hashtags are known to help increase followers: depending on the kind of business you have you will want to use hashtags like #interiordesign #homemakeover #homedecor #diningroom or #kitchendesign if you are a interior designer. Think of words that are associated with your business. Look up popular hashtags that are associated with your business.
- Like random pictures from people in your target audience. Write a comment. Compliment a project, say how much you love the post, be engaging. This is the most natural way to gain new followers.
- With anything quality beats quantity. Edit your account to leave only the best images. No one wants to follow someone with thousands of images of random shots. Be smart and thoughtful of what your putting up.
- Make sure your bio is complete. Include relevant keywords and hashtags, and make sure you have a link to your website. You don’t want to be spammy when running a professional business.
- Ask questions in the captions of your photos. This is a great way to increase engagement. Once you establish yourself people will respond.
- Use geotagging, especially if you’re a local business. When you geotag your photos, others who post photos in your area will see your postings on the location’s page and it will help gain traction for you.
- Plan, and prepare ahead. Devise a plan for how you’re going to use Instagram, and a schedule to keep yourself on track. Don’t get lazy.
- When is the best time to post on Instagram? Just like the Instagram algorithm, the answer seems to change every year. Here is an article that might help answer this question. https://later.com/blog/best-time-to-post-on-instagram/
Be aware there is a game called “follow-bait”. This is when Instagrammer’s want to gain followers. They randomly follow accounts in hopes to get follows back, (mostly new accounts) once they get the new follower they will unfollow you. After a while, some have thousands of followers but only follow a few hundred back which is a sure sign they are only looking to gain more follows.
Don’t take it personally, the follow-unfollow is popular because, it still works. But as you become more familiar with Instagram and learn the ropes you will know who to follow and not to follow.
You will also discover the improvements Instagram has made to help your business grow like creating photo albums and videos to tell a story or share an event.
If you have any questions please email us or give us a call at 203 414 9692
Wieting Design | Website Design CT
Wieting Design is a full-service, graphic and website design agency based in Fairfield County, CT and serving all of Connecticut (CT). We are committed to sharing our experience and expertise in website design, graphic design, social media marketing, search engine marketing (SEO), and video production to help build powerful tools and campaigns that work for your Connecticut business. Whether your objective is to grow your reputation, create client loyalty, drive traffic to your website or set up a marketing strategy, we will adapt our approach to get you the results you need with the services we provide.