The first step toward building digital presence of your company is creating a responsive website that caters the needs of your prospective clients. But what if your website name is not displayed in search engine results while a prospective client searches something relevant to what your company does!! A vital question pops-up here; is your website visible to the search engine? The answer and the solution of this problem is SEO or Search Engine Optimization.
What SEO Does
SEO is a holistic effort that helps your website to organically appear in top ranks of the SERPs or Search Engine Result Pages. Its prime targets are-
- Making website more relevant to the possible customer search queries
- Building popularity and authority of the website
- Keeping the content relevant and up-to-date
- Enhancing the website architecture so that it loads faster
The above mentioned practices of SEO yield result by-
- Growing conversion rate
- Increasing relevant traffic
- Bypassing competitors
- Building brand awareness and reputation
- Streamlining other online marketing efforts like social media marketing, PPC etc.
What AdWords Does
AdWords is an extended global marketing platform, where you can promote your business products to get more clients and build brand awareness. AdWords is Google’s PPC or Pay-Per-Click service.
AdWords is the most popular PPC program that controls 90% of the search engine market. As Google holds lion’s share of the search engine market, advertising here is profitable as well as competitive too.
Here you can post your ads for free. Google charges you when someone clicks on your ads or you achieve conversion as per your preference. The term ‘conversion’ can be interpreted as sales, news-letter sign ups, app downloads, phone calls etc.
When a potential customer types a query that carries specific keywords relevant to your website or ad campaign, your ad appears at top of the organic SERPs. Ads will appear even when you are searching for similar products or services in the search engine.
Where SEO and AdWords Differ
AdWords takes your marketing initiatives a step further from SEO. SEO relentlessly works on maintaining your web presence and increasing traffic volume. On the other hand, AdWords brings that audience toward your advertisement and increases its efficacy. Let’s elucidate how they differ-
- SEO is nothing but a maintenance work which you must carry on in order to keep your website visible and understandable to the search engine. You can stop AdWords when you do not wish to continue it.
- SEO takes time to produce visible results as multiple page-ranking factors work at different levels. It also takes considerable amount of time and money to synchronize those factors in right direction.
- AdWords takes lesser time to produce result as it targets specific keywords and specific people. You can also use negative keywords to eliminate appearing your ads in wrong places.
- AdWords allows your ads appearing on pre-set time slots that make it even more effective. It also good for seasonal businesses.
- If done properly, AdWords works much faster than SEO in generating quality leads and conversion.
- You can add Call to Action (CTO), call button and offers through AdWords, to lure potential customers.
- AdWords allows you to launch multiple ad campaigns to attract customers from various directions.
- SEO does not guarantee appearance of your website at the first page of the SERPs.
- Like AdWords, organic search result is not paid but SEO needs long term investment to produce visible results.
- As Google keeps changing its algorithm, if you stop doing SEO your website will start losing its visibility.
- SEO takes time in pulling effective traffic to the website. Conversely, AdWords can start pulling traffic from the start of a campaign.
Why You Need Both SEO and AdWords
SEO is the prerequisite if you are looking forward to build a strong web presence and brand awareness. Alternatively, AdWords penetrates deeper and tries to build your brand reputation to the customers even to those, who are not aware of your company.
SEO continuously works towards building your website more accessible and user-friendly. It means, SEO to some extent, works constructing a good quality website that would satisfy the needs of a visitor redirected by the AdWords.
SEO builds reputation of a website by growing in-ward and out-ward links. It also finds competitive keywords to step aside your competitors. AdWords is ineffective if you fail to recognize the keywords that can work for your brand. Keyword research is integral part of both the practices. It is also effective if you are planning for social media marketing to narrow down your marketing efforts.
If SEO and AdWords work together, they can do wonders for your business. If you are a small business owner, you should start with SEO. You may advance toward AdWords when you have secured a strong customer base and have enough capital to invest in advertising. AdWords will help you if your target is spreading your brand awareness to a large number of people and increase customer base. Where, SEO will keep you floating in search engine.
If you would like more info about our SEO services, feel free to contact us directly at 203.414.9692
Wieting Design | Search Engine Marketing Fairfield County CT
Wieting Design is a full-service, graphic and website design agency based in Fairfield County, CT and serving all of Connecticut (CT). We are committed to sharing our experience and expertise in website design, graphic design, social media marketing, search engine marketing (SEO), and video production to help build powerful tools and campaigns that work for your Connecticut business. Whether your objective is to grow your reputation, create client loyalty, drive traffic to your website or set up a marketing strategy, we will adapt our approach to get you the results you need with the services we provide.