In the era of digital marketing, content is the unmistakable king. There is no doubt, all your digital marketing initiatives will surely fall flat unless you have strong content marketing skills.
Your blog is one of the most effective tools in content marketing. An irregular or dying blog does not add good value to SEO in which you have been investing a lot of time and money for long.
Many business owners do not realize the power of an active blog in search visibility, leads and sales growth. They reluctantly begin with by posting once a month and eventually stop.
Here, we are pointing out 6 reasons on why you must keep your blog alive and active. When a blog is alive, it requires right amount activity to yield desired results.
Keeps Readers Engaged
In order to keep your target audience engaged, you need to strike a chord with them. As the time changes interest of readers shifts along with the way they search for a particular topic or product.
An effective SEO practice tries to grab this ever changing tendency. It keeps itself continuously improving and adjusting with the change. SEO and blogging goes hand in hand.
A successful blog meets searchers interest by providing them with relevant and engaging posts. Strong readership and repeat visitors of the blog eventually increase website traffic.
Establish Your Authority and Expertise
You need to establish your online authority and expertise in order to rank higher in organic search results. This establishment organically boosts SEO ranking.
- The best way to attain this is to post regular blogs on topics related to your business.
- Answer your readers’ queries.
- Try to cover all the relevant areas and subtopics to show your expertise.
- The more you provide useful and authentic information to your searchers the more they spend time in your website.
- Google’s spider is continuously indexing all the websites to measure their relevancy and authority. When people spend more time on your website and make repeat visits, your authority and expertise gets built. Your rank improves.
Provide Internal links With More Pages to Help Your Readers
A well managed blog always have relevant internal links in each of its blog posts.
- Internal links connects a post with another relevant post of the same blog.
- Logically placed useful internal links help searchers touch all the sub-topics easily.
- It helps the visitors understand the topic much better.
- It makes the visitors spend more time in your website.
- Google finds it easier to understand the subject matter of the topics when they are interlinked.
- Goggle focuses more toward the meaning behind the searches and webpage; it shifts from keyword matching.
Google Wants You to Keep your Website Updated
Google wants you to keep your website regularly updated and relevant with the time. It must cater the needs of a search query relevant to your website or blog. The best way to do so is to create relevant blog posts on regular basis. When a website grows by adding new content and web pages with regularity, Google rewards them by improving its rank.
Active Social Media Presence
Digital marketing is incomplete without an active social media presence. For that you require constant supply of high quality contents on social media.
- You need to post interesting, high quality blogs in different social media channels.
- Good social media blog posts are the most effective way of redirecting relevant customers to your website.
- Getting likes and shares on your post improve your popularity and online presence.
Helps in Humanizing your Brand
When you show human side of your business in your blog, you actually connect more with your present and potential customers
- Posts about how your employees are putting their efforts and passions in the business helps in humanizing your brand.
- You can also touch issues and concerns relevant to your interest. It gives you unique chance to connect with your customers and build trust.
Your blog provides you a unique voice to present your expertise to build trust in your readers. Make your blog an active participator in establishing your online presence.
If you have any questions please email us or give us a call at 203 414 9692
Wieting Design | Website Design CT
Wieting Design is a full-service, graphic and website design agency based in Fairfield County, CT and serving all of Connecticut (CT). We are committed to sharing our experience and expertise in website design, graphic design, social media marketing, search engine marketing (SEO), and video production to help build powerful tools and campaigns that work for your Connecticut business. Whether your objective is to grow your reputation, create client loyalty, drive traffic to your website or set up a marketing strategy, we will adapt our approach to get you the results you need with the services we provide.