It is good to keep your friends close and your enemies closer. The saying goes true also for enhancing the efficacy of your website’s SEO strategy.
The most important aspect of determining your SEO strategy is to analyze how your competitors are performing. Researching and analyzing your competitors are the key aspects of designing a successful SEO strategy.
SEO makes base for your online marketing practices and you cannot afford to have a spurious SEO marketing strategy.
Why Competitor Analysis is Important
If you do not know what your competitors are up to then how will you be able to beat them? The world of SEO is highly competitive and fast changing. Your SEO strategy needs to be analyzed at par with your competitors.
The prime aspects of analyzing your competitor’s SEO strategy are-
- You can’t keep guessing about what your competitors are doing. It is important to identify the tactics adopted by them to attract customers.
- Find out the areas where their strategy is performing well and try to adopt them without getting into any legal hassle.
- Prepare a sound counter strategy based on data you receive and not on your speculations.
How to initiate SEO Competitor Analysis
- Analyze where you stand- Before analyzing others, first, take a dig at where you are currently standing. Get accurate data of your website on following areas-
- How many visits you get per month
- True visit-to-enquiry conversion rate
- Visits you receive from non-branded organic search
- Keyword density and word count in each page of your website
- Quality and number of inbound links you receive
- Find out your potential SEO competitors– Use your target keywords in search engine and the first 10 websites that come up are your competitors. You are competing with them as you are using same keywords. This is an important step when you have begun building your SEO marketing strategy from scratch.
- Ascertain your Competitors- Now take up keyword research to validate the companies, who are competing in your space. You need to diligently follow the online activities of your competitors. Closely monitor their successes and failures. Find out the keywords, which are really getting good page rank.
Keyword analysis usually yields data like-
- average monthly search
- keyword competition
- CPC indicator
- URL competition.
Such analyses usually open up newer avenues to design SEO strategy in an effective way.
- You can’t stop here- It is not over here rather, it is just the beginning. Values of SEO performance metrics do not remain constant. The factors that ensure your visibility and higher page rank keep changing. As the market behavior changes, remember, your potential customers are also changing the way they type a query. A new competitor can also pop-up any time. So, keep analyzing and keep boosting the metrics. Also, you need to keep measuring following metrics side-by-side-
- Your average visibility
- Average position
- Keyword distribution
Compare the performance of short-term metrics against long-term metrics. In addition, identify the pattern of how good or bad those metrics perform. It will help you in further refining your SEO strategy.
An effective and powerful SEO strategy comes out through intense human research along with the help of some useful SEO competitor analysis tools. You need to implement these analysis results in your regular workflow and measure their outcome religiously on a regular basis.
Wieting Design | Search Engine Marketing Fairfield County CT
Wieting Design is a full-service, graphic and website design agency based in Fairfield County, CT and serving all of Connecticut (CT). We are committed to sharing our experience and expertise in website design, graphic design, social media marketing, search engine marketing (SEO), and video production to help build powerful tools and campaigns that work for your Connecticut business. Whether your objective is to grow your reputation, create client loyalty, drive traffic to your website or set up a marketing strategy, we will adapt our approach to get you the results you need with the services we provide.