What is Google Places?
Google places gives you an immediate edge when promoting to your local area. Not only does it show up high in search results, it also allows for client reviews, displays your exact location and address of your business and your latest post. Simply being listed gives you a boost in rankings for your main website and therefore leads to more traffic. Also, there are options you can include: coupons, special offers, videos, images, and opening hours within your Google Page Listing. Having all this information in one place saves users and clients from looking in different places to find out more about you. Google Places is a free online tool no small or large business owner can afford not to have.
Some other benefits of having a Google Page listing:
• Branding online
• If you don’t have a website this is a way to have a presence online
• Mobile phone friendly
• Allows you to show up on Google Maps
• You will move past more established websites within your business/market
• More people are searching for businesses online and Google Places is a great way to put your business upfront
• Works hand and hand with other online marketing efforts
• Higher ranking search engine results
• Google pages works for you 24/7
• AdWords Express is an easy online advertising program, ideal for small businesses (read more)
• Drives traffic to your business (read more)
More people search for businesses online than anywhere else, so it’s important to make sure your local business listing can be easily found on Google.com and Google Maps. With Google Places, creating a great listing takes just a few minutes and doesn’t cost a thing. (read more)
Your business probably already shows up on Google, but you should still verify your listing and make sure it is accurate and thorough. So get verified!
With our SEO startup package we offer to verify your site via Google webmaster tools and explain how to get the most out of webmaster tools from Google.
Give us a call at 203 414 9692 for more information!