Beginners Guide to Google AdWords for a Startup Business
A startup company should opt for online marketing windows. Digital marketing can be a serious source of growth for your startup. Good customer acquisition ability can help grow your startup business. Google AdWords is a great customer acquisition tool for online marketing platforms. Add AdWords today to your digital marketing and give your startup business the exposure it deserves.
How AdWords can help your business-
- It starts generating traffic right away
- You can easily track your conversion rate
- Easy to track conversion rate helps you improve the ROI (Return on Investment)
- It is much easier to find the profitable keywords
- You can scale your budget
- It can be the main source of acquiring profitable customers
Google AdWords works through two different network types- Search Network and Display Network (includes Gmail Ads)
Search Network– If you select this network, your ad appears in the Google SERPs (Search Engine Results Page). Ads containing the most relevant keywords to the search queries are eligible to appear in SERPs. Search Network is the most common in AdWords PPC advertising. You actually put texts ads in this network.
Google Display Network (GDN): GDN displays your ads across the numbers of partner websites including YouTube and Gmail outside of Google Search Engine. Your eligible ad will be appeared on millions of partner websites as Google AdSense. In this network you can put several ad formats – text ads, media ads and image ads.
Both networks work differently but each of them is driven by Keywords. We are focusing on search network here because as a beginner it will be easier for you. In this scenario, you must consult with the reputed digital marketing agencies like Wietingdesign.com in order to identify the CPC (Cost per Click) and CPA (Cost per Acquisition). Wietingdesign.com will guide you on how to structure the marketing prospect to generate qualified leads through AdWords.
For a startup business you should keep in mind these following points while using AdWords Search Network as a beginner-
- Keep low the Daily Budget and CPC: As a beginner you will find it difficult to determine your AdWords budget. It is impossible to know how much traffic your ad will attract at the time of launching. You may spend hundreds of dollars but will get only few conversions. Therefore, you should lower the budget of daily ad spent because you are new in this field. At the very beginning you have to monitor the ad campaign’s performance to determine the future goal.
- Calculate Return on Ad spent using CLV not CPC: The average CPC for the most successful Keywords will be high. You cannot identify actual ROI using this CPC at the beginning. So, correct way to determine your ROI is to calculate the Life time Value (CLV) of an acquired Customer. In this way you will find that the most successful Keyword is not as costly as you have thought.
- Test and Track your ad performance: You will find that at the time of launching your AdWords Campaign, the CPAs are much higher than your expectation. At this point you must take help from a digital marketing agency to stop your hard earned money from being wasted. At the very beginning you must test several keywords, bidding strategies and campaign structures to meet your desired CPA goals.
- Bidding and Optimization of your Text ads: Launching a campaign is not all. You have to optimize your campaign to bring your text ad on the very first page of Google SERP. Therefore, you need to bid high at starting to earn impressions. If your campaign fails to earn impressions your ad spent will be wasted. Your CPC bid rate must be high to make your ad appear in the first page. Optimize your ads periodically in order to track the most successful keywords combination and text ad structure.
It can take time for AdWords optimization to achieve the profitable marketing advantage that you need. Have patience when you are in initial stage of AdWords. If done correctly Google will boost your ad and you’ll meet your expectations in time. Just keep tracking your ad-campaign cautiously and keep them optimized.
If you have any questions please email us or give us a call at 203 414 9692
Wieting Design | Website Design CT
Wieting Design is a full-service, graphic and website design agency based in Fairfield County, CT and serving all of Connecticut (CT). We are committed to sharing our experience and expertise in website design, graphic design, social media marketing, search engine marketing (SEO), and video production to help build powerful tools and campaigns that work for your Connecticut business. Whether your objective is to grow your reputation, create client loyalty, drive traffic to your website or set up a marketing strategy, we will adapt our approach to get you the results you need with the services we provide.