Why use business cards in this digital age when it seems that everyone has a digital device in their hands? Is the traditional business card old-fashioned? NO!
Despite its small size, a business card is critical. It’s the first impression most people see of your business. A business card is one of the most important marketing pieces that you’ll develop for your company, since it is typically the first piece of your marketing materials that a new client will see. You hand them out at meetings, networking functions, and social gatherings. How many times do you meet someone at an airport and hand out business card, right?
An attractive, well thought out business card with all the relevant contact information can capture the attention of your potential customer and help your business remain in his/her mind well after your initial meeting. Business cards enhance credibility, professionalism and legitimacy for your business. DON’T SKIMP ON YOUR BUSINESS CARD DESIGN OR THE PRODUCTION OF IT.
Here are our recommendations about business card design and production:
- Go with a 2 sided card – one side can be dedicated to your logo/business name while the other side will have all of your contact information. It’s a cleaner look.
- Include your website URL, business e-mail address, your name, title and all contact information.
- Make sure the color scheme is consistent with your website design, and all of your other marketing materials. Consistency is key.
- Make sure the fonts are large enough for a quick read. You don’t want your potential client squinting to read your information.
- Avoid plastic business cards, avoid glossy backgrounds. People sometimes like to take notes on a business card.
- Use a nice thick stock, we advise no less then a 120# stock. A nice thick stock says “that you care about your card, and you didn’t cheap out”.
- Get a color proof before you print. It will show you exactly how the colors will look in actual (final) printing. Color proofs are submitted before the press proof, and provide the chance to make alterations or to correct mistakes. The last thing you want is to print tons of cards only to find a mistake.
- Printing is the last stop, so make sure the printer you hire is a quality printer and can answer your questions, and solve problems.
Business Cards Are Still Necessary
Even in this digital age, they’re still one of the best ways to remind people about your business.
Wieting Design | Graphic Design Fairfield County CT
Wieting Design is a full-service, graphic and website design agency based in Fairfield County, CT and serving all of Connecticut (CT). We are committed to sharing our experience and expertise in website design, graphic design, social media marketing, search engine marketing (SEO), and video production to help build powerful tools and campaigns that work for your Connecticut business. Whether your objective is to grow your reputation, create client loyalty, drive traffic to your website or set up a marketing strategy, we will adapt our approach to get you the results you need with the services we provide.