You’ve decided it’s time for a new website. You’re seeing new sites that are REALLY telling a story and look amazing. You look at your site and think it looks old, it’s not responsive, dated photography, copy content is boring, and wonder what user is really going to be interested in your website the product or services your selling. There is something to be said about “packaging”. Once you have made the decision to invest, there are still many questions. Who should I hire? Should I use a template? Can I do it myself? Should it be a custom designed site? Who can I trust? How much will I have to pay?
In the years of running my company I’ve been involved in many custom website redesign projects ranging from small startups to larger brands. It’s my responsibility to guide the client in the right direction for their business, even if the right solution doesn’t directly benefit us. I once read somewhere “Business development is all about building trust. Forcing the wrong solution is shortsighted”. I believe if your looking for just a few pages to get started then a pre-designed template might be perfect for you. But if your a well established company and looking to grow your business a custom site is the way to go. Here are some simple facts about custom website design and pre-designed templates.
Facts About Custom Website Design and Development
- Your website will have a completely unique design that will incorporate your brand.
- With a custom site YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT.
- A CMS system (content management system) is built into the site to make it easy for the owner to manage.
- The process to create a custom site does take longer than a template site, because it is custom.
- The cost for a custom website design is more, because we start from scratch.
- The site will be built so its search engine friendly, meaning “prepared for SEO”.
- Your website will be built so its adaptable to your company’s needs.
- It is beta tested across all browsers to ensure your website works.
- Your site will be designed to grow with your business by installing technologies for the future.
- The implementation process is a collaborative one.
- The code will be clean so your site runs fast which is better for SEO and the user.
- Most website designers will train you and make sure you understand how your website works.
- If your intention is to do SEO our custom websites are built to rank fast, due to the clean code we use.
- Guidance on your copy content to ensure it makes sense, and is SEO compatible.
Facts About Do-It-Yourself Pre Designed Templates
- Templates have a shorter development time.
- Cheaper cost upfront.
- Lots of other businesses/competitors could be using the same template which means your site will look the same.
- You are limited on how much you can customize the site; what you see is what you get.
- Some templates are not built to be search engine friendly.
- Templates may not work on all browsers.
- Templates are great for low budget, but remember what you see is what you get.
- Pre-designed sites that you buy will not have a good support system.
- Any images/copy added to the site must be adapted to fit in the areas predetermined on the template.
- In the end if you do want to make changes outside of the template, it will cost you more to break away from the template.
Wieting Design knows the ins and outs of website functionality and can help you choose the best options. When creating a new website, you get what you pay for and templates may seem like a convenient and easy way to create a site but in the long-run a custom site is more cost effective because of what you get from the service to the finished product. If your budget only allows for a pre-designed template hire a professional designer/developer to guide you in the right direction, it is worth the extra dollars and will save you some headaches later.
We have provided custom website designs for a variety of clients such as: Darien Rowayton Bank, Palmers Market, Rizzuto’s Restaurant Group, Donald Fairbanks Architect, Black-Eyed Sally’s, Reynold & Rowella, and more. View our portfolio
GIVE US A CALL OR EMAIL US WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS
Providing Website Design for all of Fairfield County CT including Westport CT, Fairfield CT, Greenwich CT and Stamford CT