Many business owners don’t really understand the difference between having a custom web design vs a templated web site design.
There are many pros and cons to both, in short here are a few points to consider.
Pros of custom web site design
• Unique design
• Search engine “happy” with the right web designer
• The site will be more adaptable to your business and the brand
• Scalability is important as you grow your business
• More involvement in the overall design
• If your company has its brand in place – its easy to incorporate that
• WordPress platforms can be custom built for your functionality needs.
• You want the bells and whistles? No problem.
Cons of custom web site design
• More expensive
• Longer development time
Pros of wordpress templates
• Low budgets compared to a custom site
• Inspiration on colours, layouts and features
• Shorter development time
Cons of using a wordpress templates
• You won’t be the only one using that template
• Limitations on customization
• Some web site templates are not built for search engine friendly
• Browsers isssues
Whatever you decide you should work with a professional web site desiger/developer and whether you decide to go custom or use a template your web site designer will have the knowledge to guide you in the right direction and help you with the decisions you need to make regarding your site.
Thanks for reading!!!!