How Videos Can Enhance Your Company and Add a Personal Touch to Your Website
The results are in: 86% of buyers are accessing video content on demand, according to a recent survey by DemandGen. By 2018, there will be 149 million tablet video viewers alone, says eMarketer. At Wieting Design, we predict business owners that include video, as a part of their online marketing strategy, will experience an uptick in traffic and conversions. Here are a few ways to start utilizing video. But, first… make sure you do the following:
- Hire a professional videographer to create at least 1 – 2+ professional company videos per month. Choose someone who has experience creating online videos. You can also create your own videos, just make sure the visual and sound quality is high-definition.
- Make sure your message is concise. Provide a strong call-to-action. Give people a good reason to buy, call, signup or invest.
- Be authentic. Avoid trying to mirror your competitor’s voice. Find something that is unique from your competition and run with it.
- Use your video content to educate your audience. Make your videos engaging and to the point.
- Limit your videos to 1-3 minutes.
Once you are ready to share your video content with the world, try these great tips to help enhance your company and add a personal touch to your website:
Use videos to improve SEO.
Video is search friendly. 70% of the top 100 Google search listings are video results. Plus, video on social media can have a positive effect on organic search results. Create a Video page and start posting videos on your website.
Use videos to increase Facebook Reach
When you post videos on Facebook, upload them directly from your PC or device rather than using a link to video sites like YouTube. Embedded videos tend to draw a higher reach than videos that are linked directly to other social video sites. This doesn’t mean that you should stop utilizing YouTube as you will see next.
Develop a Library of Quality Videos on YouTube
YouTube videos are also good for SEO. When uploading videos to YouTube, make sure you thoroughly complete your profile. Include a keyword within your title and at least 1-2 keywords in your description. The description should be a summary of the video with a strong call-to-action. Also include a link to your website. Don’t forget to include your most popular SEO keywords for the tags section.
Don’t Neglect Your Written Content.
Visitors can’t live on videos alone. It is imperative that you provide your website visitors with fresh, high-quality content on every page. Use videos as a supplement to your content marketing strategy. When you post videos on your website, write a SEO-friendly and engaging paragraph that summarizes the video.
There is no doubt, video content is one of the most effective marketing tactics a business owner can utilize – if it is done the right way. Start creating high-quality, engaging videos to share your message with your audience. Hopefully, the tips above will inspire you to enhance your Web presence with videos.